Top 7 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $500: Enter The High-Performance Range
Chances are you’re a bit too young to remember, but back in the 60s, home audio entertainment mostly came in the form of built-in amplifiers and speakers inside radios and record players.
As far as stand-alone HiFi units went, you had the option of using something that resembled today’s floor-standing models. But more often than not, these were too bulky and way too expensive to justify purchasing them for the sake of at-home audio entertainment.
That all changed when bookshelf speakers entered the market as we know them – with their small cabinets and larger-than-life sound.
Fast forward to today, and I’ve tested bookshelf speakers that cost less than $50. I’ve also had those that could pay one month’s rent – or more. I’m not bragging here; I’m making a point:
I still think that the middle ground is the best way to go for most people.
At a $500 mark, the price is low enough to be easily justifiable, but at the same time, high enough to give you plenty of reliable, high-quality options.
So, today’s all about the best bookshelf speakers under $500 – and getting the best bang for your buck!
In a hurry? The test winner after 23 hours of research:
Audioengine A5+ 150W Wireless Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Why they are better?
Last Updated: October 1, 2020
By Barry Allen: This article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information regarding best bookshelf speakers under $500 available for those who are interested in getting the best sound available. The best 5 available have changed, and information has been added to assist individuals in finding the current bookshelf speakers under $500 currently available on the market. The FAQ has also been updated.
Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $500: Comparison Table
- Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $500: Comparison Table
- Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $500 Reviews
- 1. Best Overall: Audioengine A5+ 150W Wireless Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 2. Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 3. Best Self-Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers: Edifier S2000 Pro
- 4. Most Powerful Bookshelf Speaker Under $500: Swans M200MKII
- 5. Another Decent Cheap Pick: Klipsch R-15PM Speaker
- 6. Polk Audio OWM5 Wall and Bookshelf Speaker
- 7. Not Recommended: Thonet & Vander Kugel 2.0 700W Wood Bookshelf Speakers
- Top Bookshelf Speakers Under 500 dollars – Frequently Asked Questions
- After it's all said and done, we recommend:
50 – 22 Hz
55 – 20 Hz